REGION I, The regional website was updated with information about the 2017 regional cups including a projected schedule of match dates. Check back at www.usasaregion1.com under cups for most up to date information.
- 2 April – First Round if necessary for Cups with more than 8 teams
- 9 April – Amateur or Werner Fricker Cup Quarterfinals
- 16 April – Easter – no games
- 23 April – Amateur or Werner Fricker Cup Quarterfinals
- 30 April – Gerhard Mengel Cup Quarterfinals
- 7 May – Amateur or Werner Fricker Cup Semifinals
- 14 May – Amateur or Werner Fricker Cup Semifinals
- 21 May – Gerhard Mengel Cup Semifinals
- 28 May – Memorial Day – no games
- 4 June – Make-up date
- 11 June – Make-up date
- 18 June – Finals
The website notes:
The 2017 Region I Cup qualifiers are underway. Some states have concluded their competitions. Others are on their way. The Region I Cup Finals are set for 18 June at the Ukrainian American Sports Center in Horsham, Pennsylvania.
We play soccer in Region I and our cups are part of that long & proud tradition. We did the national cup sweep last year with Christos FC of Maryland taking the double winning the Werner Fricker Cup (Open) and the Amateur Cup. Phoenix Sport Club of Eastern Pennsylvania lifted the Gerhard Mengel Cup (O-30). Our teams look to keep the hardware in our Region. The success of our cup program is due to the hard work from our members and teams competing.